The Liebster award is for bloggers with under 500 followers. When nominated you are set 11 questions to answer and it is such a great way to discover new blogs. So I have been nominated by Charlotte from lovefromcharlotte.co.uk (thank you very much for doing so!) and here goes!
- Mention the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 set questions
- Nominate bloggers who have fewer than 500 followers
- Give them 11 questions to answer
1. What was your reason for setting up your blog?
I have been watching bloggers on youtube for years and years and always thought how great and lucky they were to be able to share their knowledge and experiences with others. The lovely Sally from sallysaysbeauty.com who is one of my bestest friends persuaded me to start a blog. I’m so passionate about nature and conservation and have always enjoyed writing so thought it would be a great platform to get my views across.
2. What is the best holiday you have been on in the past?
This is such a difficult question to answer, I have been to some amazing places! But Borneo has to win out. I went there for three weeks (two weeks with university) and then we stayed on a week on the most idyllic private beach. It was an amazing experience and I know that the whole trip was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Still got the Borneo blues!
3. Sweets or Chocolate?
To be honest, probably neither. I am definitely more a savoury type of gal. If I had to choose I suppose it would be chocolate because you can melt it and eat it with strawberries which is pretty damn perfect.
4. What do you do for a living?
At the moment I work part time as a sales assistant at John Lewis (yawn, I know) but I completed a master’s in ecology last year and spend the majority of my spare time hunting for jobs in the scientific field.
5. Favourite film?
I am such a sucker for rom-coms. Sitting here trying to decide which is my fave is actually making my brain hurt. So I am going to go completely the other way and say Mad Max (2015). The visuals, make up and costumes left me in awe and I seriously didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did so it was definitely the most surprising.
6. Dress for comfort or style?
Most of the time, comfort. If I’m not going out for dinner or drinks or party then I need to be comfortable to feel like I look remotely normal. Otherwise I fidget and moan and just get myself into a generally unhappy little mood (is this normal?)
7. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
If I’m going to work then just under an hour to shower, eat, dress and put my face on. Probably because I know what I will be wearing. If I’m going out then I can change my outfit anywhere between 1 and one hundred times so probably around two hours (sorry boyfriend!)
8. Do you have any pets?
I have three little kitties called Tilly, Coco and Diesel and I love them all to bits. They are all super lazy and pretty much just eat, poop and sleep. If I had my way I would definitely adopt a puppy. I’m not specifically a dog or a cat person, I love all animals in crazy equal measures.
9. Is there anyone who inspires you?
My friends. Every single day. I am so proud of each and every one of them for their bravery or intelligence or go-gettedness. They are all such little stars in my life and I definitely look up to all them in different ways.
10. What is your biggest achievement to date?
Finishing my undergraduate degree. And then I crazily went back and did a master’s. I enjoyed the university lifestyle but absolutely hated my course. There were too many occasions where I was so depressed and stressed and just wanted to drop out but I didn’t. And I am incredibly proud of myself for persevering and seeing it through.
11. Favourite thing to do on your day off?
In good weather, find someone who will go on an adventure with me. Either wander around London or go for a walk in the countryside and enjoy the little things in life. If I’m stuck indoors then I love playing board games and doing puzzles like an old biddy.
I now nominate:
- Pardina from afunnything.wordpress.com
- Grace from begoodtoourworld.com
- Kirsten from trulykirst.com
- Emma from emma-joanne.blogspot.co.uk
- Grace from thatnorthernlassblogs.blogspot.co.uk
So sorry if any of you have already been nominated!
And here are your 11 questions:
- What is your favourite subject to blog about?
- Are you a party animal or a home comforts kind of person?
- What is your number 1 travel wish destination / which was your favourite holiday?
- Who / what first got you into blogging?
- What makes you smile and relax when you are having a bad day?
- What is your favourite book / who is your favourite author?
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
- What three things have you learnt from having a blog?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What do you value most in life?
- Which is your favourite season of the year and why?
Peace and love, Elie xx