So I know I am still a 20-something and probably haven’t taken some of this advice myself yet but I was inspired to write this by a similar post I saw online. Growing up is hard and these are just my thoughts on the crazy journey that is life.
1. You might not have the same friends as you did when you were 6, or even 16.
2. You don’t need to worry if your friendship group is small; you aren’t in high school any more.
3. Your parents have and always will just want what’s best for you.
4. You can quit that job you hate.
5. Talking behind other people’s backs doesn’t make you cool any more.
6. Travel if you can. Lots.
7. Only say ‘I love you’ when you mean it.
8. When you find love, don’t run away
9. That being said, just because someone says they love you, it might not mean they always will (and vice versa).
10. Making a mistake is not such a bad thing. Not learning from mistakes is.
11. You’re allowed to not know what the hell you’re doing! Nobody does!
12. Don’t compare where you are in life to other people. We all go at our own pace.
13. Dance, smile, eat, laugh, love, sing!
14. Grades aren’t the be all and end all in the real world.
15. Mental health is not a joke.
16. Know your worth.
17. Crying doesn’t make you weak, it makes you human.
18. Work hard for what you want.
19. Don’t take the people who love you for granted.
And lastly, because sometimes I feel so old at 24!
20. You are still so, so young!